Chicago Real Estate, Family Law, and Probate Attorney
Marques A. Eason is an attorney serving clients on the South Side of Chicago and throughout the South Suburbs in matters involving real estate property and a range of other legal issues. His areas of concentration include:
- Medical study - on the side effects he developed. From his experience, Eason has gained a strengthened sense of purpose and a drive to help his clients fight against seemingly insurmountable odds. He takes a hands-on approach and works hard to build a personal relationship with each client and understand the unique challenges they may face, from low credit scores to gaps in employment, to personal and financial struggles from their own experiences with COVID-19.
In one recent case, Eason worked with a client for over a year including discussions with three different lenders before ultimately helping her successfully close on a home. Eason extends this level of commitment to all of his clients, and enjoys helping them celebrate a closing after a hard-fought process with his signature refrain, "It's Closing Day, baby!"
Eason has 10 years of legal experience, including three years as a licensed practicing attorney in the State of Illinois where he founded his own practice, The Marques Eason Law Group, in 2017. He also worked for seven years as a paralegal on cases involving real estate, contract, and family law, including with the Law Offices of Aaron Resnick, P.A., in Miami, Florida.
Prior to his legal career, Eason has a diverse background working in technology, business, and athletics for organizations including Coca-Cola, Deloitte, General Electric, the Atlanta Braves, the Chicago White Sox, the University of Illinois, the University of Miami, the Georgia Institute of Technology, and North Carolina A&T State University. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Atlanta's John Marshall Law School and his Bachelor of Science in Sports Administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Eason is also a proud father of two daughters, Amber and Vivian, and a proud grandfather to his granddaughter, Blake. His commitment to his family is reflected in his drive to help other Chicago families work through family law challenges and protect the interests of their children.
Eason is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Cook County Bar Association, the Black Bar Association of Will County, the Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association, the Gate City Bar Association in Atlanta, Georgia, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association.
For assistance with real estate, family, or probate law, contact Marques Eason at 773-973-3755 to schedule a consultation. We serve clients in Beverly, Evergreen Park, Oak Lawn, Chicago Ridge, Blue Island, and throughout the South Suburbs and the South Side of Chicago.
- Juris Doctorate, Atlanta's John Marshall Law School, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2000
- Illinois, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2017
- Georgia, 2022
Memberships and Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- Black Bar Association of Will County
- Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association (IRELA)